Wednesday, March 18, 2015

7 day focus: the plan

Clearly I can't change everything at once (although I have tried more than once to do it that way!)

The worst part of the overwhelm is the lack of focus.  I go to do something, get distracted, and cannot. remember. what I came to do!  This wastes time and is so frustrating.  I am trying so hard to get fifty things done at once that I end up doing zero things well. 

I have identified several areas of my life that need some real focus, and I will take them one by one and work for seven days, focusing on this particular area (while still maintaining everything else at a bare minimum).  It's hard for me to leave things undone and I use the excuse that "if I could just get x done, then I'll be ready to do y..." way too often, so I hope this will help me bring focus and structure to my life.

Some areas of focus I will be working on:
Bills/Debt
Budget
Email
Work
Each room of my home
Garage
Food planning
Friends
Husband
Family Rules
Family Plans
School
Savings
Goals
Whole 30
Yoga
Meditation
Organization Projects

First up - Bills/Debt.  The whole story of where we are.  Yikes.  I am starting with this because I really think it is the source of my anxiety, shame, and unhappiness.  I have been avoiding the topic for too long and it's time to get it out in the open so I can start fixing it.  More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment